Thursday, January 3, 2008

When things go wrong .....

The day started pretty early for me as my friend,philosopher and dog (Timmy) woke me up at 3 am by making ominous noises.As this was not the first time that timmy felt like answering the call of nature in the middle of night,I took it in the right spirit and off we went chain in (my)hand.I experienced the morning chill first hand and thought about those people wrapped in blankets who get the thrill by just reading about the dipping mercury.On coming back ,I realised that i can use this opportunity, which was thrust upon me, to catch some cricketing action from down under.As there was still some time for the second days play to start ,I decided to rest my limbs.At about six, I woke up again ,but to my utter dismay ,there was no electricity and all my plans of watching the match with my hands resting on the heater vanished in cold air.The wait started and it was not until eight that electricity returned.Switching on the TV i found that Australians had heaped more misery on the Indians by getting a score of 463 and to make matters worse India was already one wicket down.Soon Laxman started playing his exquisite drives and flicks and I braced myself for a long stay in front of the TV.But very soon a message came on the screen that my dish tv subscription was over and I of all people was not authorised to watch the channel.It was the end of play for me and spent the day watching the changing scores on various news channels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehhehe... happy coz india is onto 500 mark against THE Australians..i tell u ..it was fun watching sachin n bhaaji udaayoing ausssis dhajjis !!!
whatever be the result of this match be, i am happy that we are trying...
happy watching.

mazak said...

u r absolutely right ,finally the famed Indian batting line up has come gud,though at one time it looked like India wud be conceding a lead of 100 odd runs but the Indian tail wagged for a change ....i m pretty hopeful that its game on from here onwards in the series .....

Anonymous said...

no comments now :|