Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dislocating My Jaw ...

Somehow I have managed to dislocate my jaw ,unintentionally of course.It happened on friday morning and while brushing my teeth i observed that something was amiss in the way my upper jaw was meeting the lower jaw.It is supposed to come down in a straight line but i could sense that it was tracing a curvilinear path and making a clicking noise and paining as well.Since at that point of time i had no idea that it was dislocation of my jaw that was causing me pain ,i tried to open my mouth wide repeatedly oblivious of the fact that with each opening and closing of mouth i was aggravating my condition.
I was thinking that the pain would subside in a day or two but when it didn't ,alarm bell started ringing .Believe me i have a fear of dentist and i can count on my fingers the few times i have gone for a dental examination .Last time was in April this year and the visit resulted in filling up of numerous cavities.The process was not lengthy by any means but thoroughly unpleasant.You have to lie down with your mouth wide open and the dentist drills his way into your teeth and at that same time a kind of pump keeps spraying something into your mouth.Enough of this nightmarish flashback,coming back to the dislocation of jaw which is far more prestigious problem to have.Everybody at home was concerned once it became known that i have dislocated my jaw ,and for some reason i was feeling glad.There are very few medical conditions ,if any ,which have this kind of effect.I searched the internet and found that jaw dislocation is not to be taken lightly , it can have serious consequences.
Today ,i went to the dentist and what i was thinking to be a dislocation turned out to be mere displacement .Clever wordplay by the dentist to rob me off of my sense of importance concerning my medical condition.When i told my boss that i had dislocated my jaw with a smile ,she was at a loss and asked me to get it checked as soon as possible.Even the person working nearby stared at me for some time in awe. I know displacement is not going to earn me any respect!!!

2 comments:

Chakoli said...

Ohhh .... take care dear:-))

somehow dentist are nightmares to me... for sure...its pain to be on dental chair and dentist keep on drilling ...:-((

Anonymous said...

i hope you are doing fine now. per yaar ye baithe baithe dislocate kar liya tumne apna jaw...

me too fine..just one of the bad days it was.

take care of yourself.