Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ek Haseen Shaam Ko .....

The deadline set by Amit Da (under the influence of alcohol)for me to find someone in order to attend his promised Bengali treat came and went without any change in my status.As a result I was not invited even if the treat did take place as planned but i have my doubts.
Anyway I had been invited by a good friend for dinner on 20th and so i went there instead. I knew only two people there,the host and the host's girl friend ,who incidentally is my school-friend. The connection does not stop there, the host of the evening is from Jorhat in Assam ,from where i did my engineering.So,the theory of 'it is a small world' has some truth to it.When i reached at 9 PM ,the party was truly underway.I was customarily introduced to all those present and as soon as the next person told me his name ,i forgot the name of the person before and so on.The crowd was diverse as there were people from Advertising,Newschannels,Newspapers,MBA students and me representing corporate social responsibility.For some reason ,people were very appreciative of my company as in the company which i work for.But Mani,who works for Indian Express had a grouse that Mithun Chakraboty's cult movie 'Goonda' was not available in Moser Baer's original CD/DVD.Everyone present there agreed with him and to pacify the 'mob' i also expressed my deep admiration for Mithun Da.
Later on the talk veered around to astrology (again and i was the culprit) and I found support from Sujeet,Bijoy da(who incidentally is married to Bengali actor Prosenjit's niece)and Satyam Da,but everybody had their own way of interpreting how things can be predicted by astrologers.Somebody said that Linda Goodman is right almost always and then someone recounted that he has noticed that HT repeats the weekly forecasts as it appears in TOI after a time lag of one week or vice versa.Some prediction that !

4 comments:

Chakoli said...

Hahahhahahah

u seem to be tooo much into astrologies nw a days....


lol....

as I always say

Kepp FAith :PP

mazak said...

@ chakoli ... u r right but predictions r coming true just for the odd aberration ;)

I am keeping faith in someone's promise :)

Anonymous said...

the question is- what did you have in the party? and why didn't you have the company of any lady? you need to do something bro...and very fast. time is running out. before you know it you'll be 40 with kids and you never even got to date some pretty ladies....just for the kicks. astrology is for weak people. people who believe in themselves do not look at horoscope(e.g. myself). but of course that's totally my point of view. lets see what astrology has to say for your love life and the lady from......(u know who)

mazak said...

@ Anonymous ... thanks for the reality check .... point taken and understood :)