Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yes Man ....

On the final sunday of the year,the plan was to watch the Aamir Khan starrer Ghazini with a friend of mine,but all the shows were sold out.I was approached by a shady character outside the Satyam multiplex(Nehru Place) who made me an offer I had to refuse(shelling Rs.300 for Ghazini ticket which otherwise costs Rs.180 was definitely not my idea of having a good time).I refused or should i say he refused to bargain and i took a long walk back to my car.I caught hold of my Army friend near Ansal Plaza and we decided to watch Jim Carrey's Yes Man instead, at PVR Saket.The movie started and i found myself staring straight at the pagri of one Sardarji sitting in front of me.I tried to move my head little to the left and right but it was no use ,his headgear kept blocking one-tenth of the screen approximately.When Jim Carey speaks Korean in the movie i had to do a lot of head exercise in order to read the subtitles as the sardarji in front didn't budge.Anyway the movie was a treat to watch and a laugh riot and to top it all, had a sweet message.Say yes to people,opportunities,requests,orders,ideas etc etc for a change.Just go with the flow for once and see if it brings any change to the routine life.It definitely does so in the movie for Jim Carrey's character(the cute actress by the way is Zooey Deschanel).This movie is based on a true story and book of the same name by British humorist Danny Wallace who has also a fleeting role in the movie.But the point being made, and rightly so,is that by all means say yes but only because you want to and not just because you have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems there's always some kind of distraction whenever you are watching a movie.....hope next time there are no pagri men, no "so what?" men and so on and so forth. in the zeal to say yes to everything we have to realize when we should say no. it is harder to say no than to say yes. don't believe me? next time u say no, remember me.but of course when you say yes, there may be lots of unseen troubles ready to pounce on you.... so a good thing would be to balance a mix of yess and nos.

mazak said...

@(not so) Anonymous ... i agree with u ,its much harder to say 'no' in general,but there are situations in everyday life where saying 'yes' wud not be that much a problem but still we somehow hv got conditioned to saying 'no' at the first instance ... a balance is very much needed and anything taken to its extreme will be counterproductive :)